Sports Performance Certification
Course Description: The purpose of this course is to take all participants through complete technical progressions of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and all associated movements including Power Snatch, Power Clean, Power Jerk, Squat variations, and pulling progressions. Participants will gain base line knowledge about the programming of training and technical rules. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 13-14 hours with up to 9 hours being practical and 4-5 hours lecture based. It is suitable for Strength & Conditioning /Sports Performance, Health & Fitness and beginning level competitive Weightlifting Coaches alike.
Included Materials: Course manual, and one (1) year USA Weightlifting membership and certification.
Pre-registration is required for all courses. Walk-ins are not allowed.
The registration deadline for any course is 5 business days prior to the first day of the course.
Courses may be closed at any time prior to the deadline without notice. Please do not make travel arrangements before registering for the course.
In the event a course is cancelled, USA Weightlifting is not responsible for any pre-paid expenses incurred by participant.
- For questions about a specific course, contact the course coordinator on the course listing from the link below.
- If you are not a current member, a membership will automatically be created for you. Your membership start date will be the first day of the course.
- If you are a current member, your membership will be prorated to include the 1 year membership paid for in the course fee upon completion of the course.
- Once the course is processed, you will receive an email with your score and instructions to log on to your membership account to print your membership card and coaching certificate. You can expect your information 4-6 weeks following the course.
- The NSCA gives 1.2 Continuing Education Units for NSCA members who take this course.
- Common abbreviation: USAW-L1SP